The past few days have been filled with dark clouds and heavy rains that it dampens the mood of the kids for any physical activity. Yesterday, I took out some of out ever dependable cookie cutters and prepared some delightful bear shaped choco treats to perk up our breakfast mood.
Having pancakes for breakfast is nothing special for the kids since I prepare it on a regular basis. To make it a bit more special, I decided to go for the chocolate variety and use our bear and heart shaped cookie cutters to create Beary Chocolatey Pancakes. It was quite easy to do.
- Simply prepare the batter for Maya Chocolate Pancake Mix following the instructions in the box.
- Coat frying pan with a little oil and place in low heat. Lightly brush the cookie cutters with some oil before placing them in the pan.
- Gently pour the pancake batter inside the cookie cutters carefully making sure that it doesn’t overflow or spill out into the pan.
- Wait till the pancake is set before removing the cookie cutter.
- Turn the pancakes over to cook both sides.
Once the pancakes were done, I got some mini M&Ms and used them for the bear eyes and used margarine to draw the mouth and color the ears of the bears before serving them to my little ones. Sure enough, the sight of fancy pancakes perked up their mood and even increased their appetites.