Dining out with the kids requires a lot of patience and extra alertness especially if you have toddlers on their terrible twos stages. Fortunately, there are some things that we can do to lessen the stress and have a pleasant dining out experience with our kids.
1. Brief the kids on the proper behavior when eating in out. This is easier if we teach our children table manners during meal times at home. We just need to remind them to follow dinner table rules and encourage them to behave appropriately.
2. Choose the right restaurant. Dine-in restaurants with table service and corner booths are our best option. This way you can let the kids settle down first before tackling the menu.
3. If self-served restaurants can’t be avoided, then give the kids an extra reminder not to stray away from you. As much as possible keep the kids between you and the counter while placing and waiting for your order. Restaurants with modern POS system make it more convenient for moms to place and check their order by allowing customers to see the orders as they are punched in.
4. Make sure that you bring something to keep your kids occupied while waiting for their meals. Restless kids tend to be cranky and irritable. If you don’t have any activity on hand then you may want to choose restaurants that provide crayons and paper on the tables for the kids.
5. Bring a lot of tissue and wet ones to clean up your kids and the extra mess that they may cause.