I was working on several articles when I realized that I only have half an hour before lunch and I had nothing prepared for their kids so I left our mobile computer workstations and proceeded to the kitchen to whip up a quick Eggplant Omelet.
Eggplant Omelet is a good source of protein, vitamins and calories. It is a quick and easy way to get kids eating vegetables for lunch or dinner. To make it more healthy and colorful I added some mixed vegetables on top of the eggplant before coating it with egg.
2 medium sized eggplants
Salt and pepper
1. Broil eggplant until tender
2. Wash with cold water and peel of skin
3. Flatten the meat by holding the stem and gently kneading the meat with the back of a fork and set aside.
4. While broiling the eggplant, sauté garlic and onion in vegetable oil
5. Add mixed vegetables and stir fry until half cooked then set aside
6. Beat eggs in a bowl then season with salt and pepper
7. Heat oil in skillet using medium fire
8. Dip the flattened eggplant into the beaten eggs and lower it onto the heated oil
9. Carefully arrange the mixed veggies on top of the eggplant
10. Gently scoop a little amount of egg to cover the mixed vegetable on top.
11. Fry till the both sides turn golden brown.
12. Drain excess oil using paper towels.